Chettinad Chicken Varuval Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.yummytummyaarthi.com/2014/08/chettinad-chicken-roast-recipe.html
|Chettinad Chicken Varuval Recipe|
||15 Minutes |
||20 Minutes |
||10.0 / 10 (1 vote)|
||Non Veg. |
|Calories Per Serving
- 500 gm Chicken (cut into small pieces)
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tbsp Yogurt
- 1 tbsp Lime Juice
- 3 tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tbsp coriander Powder
- 1 tbp Fennel Seeds
- 1 tbsp Ginger - Garlic Paste
- Salt as required
- Frying Ingredients:
- 1 sprig Curry Leaves
- 4 pcs Dry Red Chilies
- 1 tsp Black Pepper (crushed coarsely)
- 1Onion (chopped)
- 1Tomato (chopped)
- 1 1/2 tbsp Ginger - Garlic Paste
- 1/2 Onion (slice)
How to make Chettinad Chicken Varuval:
- Marinate the chicken pieces with turmeric powder, yogurt, lime juice, chili powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, ginger-garlic paste, salt for 1/2 an hour.
- Take a pan and heat oil.
- Put fennel seeds and cumin seeds into the oil.
- Put the chopped onions and fry it until soft.
- Add ginger - garlic paste, tomato and fry till it becomes soft and pulpy.
- Allow oil to come out from it.
- Mix the marinated chicken to this with 1cup of water and cook until the chicken well cooked.
- Take another pan and heat some oil.
- Put red chilies, pepper, curry leaves, sliced onion to the oil and mix it well.
Serve with rice