Indian Recipes : Chettinad Kara Kuzhambu Recipe
Chettinad Kara Kuzhambu is a very popular recipe in South India. Learn how to make/prepare Chettinad Kara Kuzhambu by following this easy recipe.
Chettinad Kara Kuzhambu Recipe
• To Be Ground To A Paste
• 2 tbsp Khus Khus
• 2 tbsp broken dal
• 2 tbsp Coconut
• 2 tbsp Saunf Other Ingredients
• 1 tsp Turmeric
• ½ kg Onions, chopped
• ½ kg Tomatoes
• Salt, to taste
• 1 tbsp Garlic Ginger Paste
• 4 tbsp Chili powder For Seasoning
• 4 Cinnamons
• 4 Cloves
• 2 Curry Leaves
• 2 tbsp Mustard Seeds
• 1 tsp Saunf
• 1 Tamarind Extract, lime size
• ¼ cup Gingerly Oil
• 1 cup Chana Dal How to make Chettinad Kara Kuzhambu:
• Soak chana dal for 6 hours before cooking and pressure cook it after adding 1 tsp turmeric powder and 4 tbsp chili powder.
• Take a pan and heat gingerly oil in it. Put the ingredients mentioned for seasoning in it- saunf, mustard seeds, curry leaves, cinnamon and cloves in it. Fry a little.
• Now, put chopped onions, tomatoes and garlic ginger paste in it along with chana dal and fry till onions and tomatoes are tender.
• Put the tamarind extract in it and add salt as per taste. Boil till it gets thick and garnish with curry leaves.
• Put ground paste in it and fry it till starts emitting smell of raw leaves. Serve Hot.
the recipe came out really well.... all my friends liked it like anything ,thanks for posting this recipe
Submitted by: abarnaa
posted : 19-Oct-2010 05:50 AM
Recipe of the Month
Badam Katli is a delicious Indian sweet prepared on festive occasions. Learn...