Chettinad Mushroom Masala Recipe
Photo Credit: https://www.google.co.in/search?q=Ambakalya+images&rlz=1CASMAC_enIN648IN649&espv=2&biw=1100&bih=996&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0CDMQ7AlqFQoTCLvzpsSn4cYCFdcGjgod32gMkQ#tbm=isch&q=Chettinad+Mushroom+Masala&imgrc=tzK-gNxTAdDVMM%3A
|Chettinad Mushroom Masala Recipe|
||8.6 / 10 (14 votes)|
- 2 cups Mushrooms, chopped
- Tamarind (marble-sized piece), soaked in ½ cup water
- Salt, to taste
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tbsp Chana Dal/ Kadal Parippu/ Split Bengal Gram
- 1 tsp Whole Black Pepper
- 2 tsp Oil
- ½ tsp Mustard Seeds
- 2 Dry Red Chilies, halved
- A few Curry Leaves
How to make Chettinad Mushroom Masala:
- Crush the soaked tamarind well and then strain the water. Keep the water for later use.
- Dry roast chana dal and whole black pepper on a tawa.
- Grind the roasted ingredients and add garam masala, while blending them.
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds.
- When they start crackling, add the curry leaves and red chilies and fry for about 10 seconds.
- Add the chopped mushrooms and stir well, until they get coated with oil.
- Add salt and cook with the lid on, until the mushrooms start sweating and become soft.
- Mix in the tamarind mixture and cook on open fire, till the gravy gets thick and starts sticking to the mushrooms.
- Add the ground spices and salt and fry for another 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove from fire and serve hot with rice or rotis.