Chettinad Mutton Biryani Recipe
|Chettinad Mutton Biryani Recipe|
|Preparation Time||10 Minutes|
|Cooking Time||30 Minutes|
|Rating||10.0 / 10 (1 vote)|
|Recipe Type||Non Veg.|
|Calories Per Serving||470|
- 1 kilo Pulav Rice (Basmati)
- 1 kilo Meat (mutton)
- 4 Onions
- 3 Garlic (full ones)
- 2 inch (50 gms) Ginger (piece)
- 4 Tomatoes
- 1 cup Curd
- 4 Green Chillies
- 1 Inch Cinnamon (piece)
- 4 Cloves
- 4 Cardamoms
- 3 tbsp Chili powder
- 1 bunch Coriander Leaves
- 1 bunch Mint Leaves (Pudina)
- 1 tsp Kesari Powder (Orange Kesari)
- 1/2 Cup Oil or Ghee
- 3 tbsp Lime Juice
- Salt to taste
How to make Chettinad Mutton Biryani:
- Grind garlic, onion, and ginger separately.
- Cut onions and tomatoes.
- Clean meat and cut into pieces.
- Soak rice.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom vessel
- Add cinnamon, cardamom, cloves.
- Add onions, sauté till the onions turn brown in colour.
- Add garlic and a little coriander leaves, fry it.
- Add green chillies, mint leaves, curd, tomatoes, chilly powder, and ground ginger and fry well.
- Add the meat to it and fry well.
- Add 2 glasses of water and cook the meat.
- Add remaining coriander, mint leaves and lime juice, cover and cook.
- Cook the soaked Basmati rice for 10 minutes.
- Take a vessel, put one layer of meat, then one layer of cooked rice.
- Repeat till all the rice is layered with the meat gravy.
- Mix saffron in a little milk, and Kesari powder and pour on the rice evenly.
- Cover put on low fire and put burning charcoal on top.
Suggestions:serve it hot