Chettinadu Karuvadu Kolambu Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.tastyappetite.net/2013/03/how-to-make-chettinad-karuvadu-kuzhambu.html
|Chettinadu Karuvadu Kolambu Recipe|
||Non Veg. |
- 100 g Dry Fish
- 75 g Black Beans (Mocha Kotta)
- 3 Egg Plants (Brinjal/ Kathirikai), each cut into 4 pieces
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 1 Tomato, finely chopped
- ½ tsp Vendhiyam
- 15 Curry Leaves
- 10 g Tamarind, made into a paste
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 2 tsp Coriander Powder
- Salt to taste
- 5 tbsp Oil
- 1 cup (50 ml) Coconut Milk
How to make Chettinadu Karuvadu Kolambu:
- Place a saucepan on flame and heat oil in it.
- Fry the black beans for 5 minutes, on medium flame.
- Soak the fried beans in a glass of water, for 1 hour.
- Pour oil in the pan and fry vendhiyam and curry leaves in it.
- Add the chopped onions and tomatoes and fry well.
- Add the tamarind paste and a couple of glasses of water to form a curry consistency.
- Add turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder and salt to the curry and stir well.
- Add the egg plants and boil the mixture.
- Next, mix in the soaked beans and bring the mixture to a boil again.
- When the preparation is well cooked, add coconut milk and cook.
- On the first boil, add the dry fish and let the curry boil once.
- Remove from flame and serve hot.