Chicken and Dumplings Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.pillsbury.com/recipes/easy-chicken-and-dumplings/b6f8b219-4b69-4aa1-8b59-ca58c8ed210b
|Chicken and Dumplings Recipe|
||15 Minutes |
||45 Minutes |
||Non Veg. |
|Calories Per Serving
- 1 tsp Celery Seed
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 (10.75 oz) can Reduced Fat Cream Of Chicken Soup
- 1 (14.5 oz) can Chicken Broth, low-fat, low sodium
- 1/2 cup Celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/4 cup Onion, chopped
- 3 Chicken Breast Halves, skinless, boneless and cut into strips
- Ground Black Pepper to taste
For Dumpling Dough
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 cup All-purpose Flour, sifted
How to make Chicken and Dumplings:
- Stir together in a large pot, chicken broth, cream of chicken soup and milk.
- Simmer over medium flame.
- In a small pan heat 1 tbsp of oil and add onion, celery and chicken strips.
- Sauté until onions are tender and the chicken is cooked.
- Add the chicken strips and onion mixture to the soup pot and stir properly.
- Keep on low flame and let to simmer for around 30 to 45 minutes.
- Once done, you can season with black pepper and celery seed.
- To make dumplings, take a medium sized bowl and mix together baking powder, flour and salt. Mix separately half cup of milk and oil and then add to the flour mix.
- Stir until the mixture quite moist.
- Into the simmering chicken stew, drop tablespoons of dumplings.
- Cover properly and boil for another 12 to 15 minutes.
- Once boiled its ready to serve hot.