Chicken Coconut Rasam Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.yummytummyaarthi.com/2014/07/nattu-kozhi-soup-recipe-country-chicken.html
|Chicken Coconut Rasam Recipe|
||40 Minutes |
||15 Minutes |
||Non Veg. |
- 200 g Boneless Chicken
- 500 g Chicken Bones
- ½ Coconut (Scraped)
- 1 Lemon Sized Ball
- 1 tsp Rasam Powder
- 2 medium Tomatoes (Chopped)
- 20 Curry Leaves
- 2 tbsp Pure Ghee
- Salt to taste
- ¼ cup Fresh Coriander Leaves (Chopped)
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 2 dry Red Chili
- A pinch of Asafetida
How to make Chicken Coconut Rasam:
- Soak tamarind in half liter warm water; remove the pulp, strain and reserve.
- Clean and wash chicken bones properly.
- Grind the scraped coconut with warm water, extract coconut milk and keep aside.
- Reserve the coconut residue as well.
- Boil the chicken bones in one and a half liter of water for fifteen minutes.
- Add the tamarind water, tomatoes, boneless chicken, salt, Rasam powder, asafetida, ten curry leaves and continue cooking.
- Cover it and simmer till the liquid becomes half and you get a good aroma. Add the coconut residue, sprinkle chopped coriander and simmer for about three to four minutes.
- Remove the vessel from heat and add cooked chicken.
- Heat up the ghee and temper with mustard seeds, red chilies and the remaining curry leaves.
- Add the mixture to the prepared Rasam and cover immediately to trap the flavor. Serve hot.