Chicken Varutharacha Curry Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.celebratingawesomefood.com/chicken-curry-with-ground-coconut-varutharacha-chicken-curry/
|Chicken Varutharacha Curry Recipe|
||15 Minutes |
||45 Minutes |
||10.0 / 10 (1 vote)|
||Non Veg. |
- ½ kg (18 oz) Chicken (boneless, cut into pieces)
- ½ cup Coconut (grated)
- ½ tsp Garam Masala
- 2 stakes Curry Leaves (chopped)
- 1 cup (236 ml) small Onion (crushed)
- 1 big Onion (chopped)
- 1 Tomato (chopped)
- 2 tbsp Coriander Powder
- 1 inch piece Ginger (chopped)
- 8 Green Chili (chopped)
- 8 cloves Garlic (chopped)
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp Red Chili Powder
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- Salt (to taste)
How to make Chicken Varutharacha Curry:
- Heat ½ tbsp of oil in a vessel and fry the grated coconut until brown.
- Grind the coconut into a fine paste. Keep aside.
- Heat rest of the oil and fry the chopped onion until it becomes transparent.
- Add the tomato, green chili, ginger, garlic and crushed onion.
- Mix these ingredients well and cook for about 4-5 minutes while stirring continuously.
- Put in chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, and chicken, along with salt.
- Add 2 cups of water and cook, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Add garam masala, curry leaves, coconut paste and cook for another 10 minutes at low flame.
Serve hot with rice.