Chicken with Olives Recipe
|Chicken with Olives Recipe|
||Non Veg. |
- 1 whole Chicken (cut into pieces)
- 2 large White Onions (finely chopped)
- Small handful of Cilantro (chopped)
- Small handful of Parsley (chopped)
- 2-3 cloves Garlic (finely chopped)
- 2 tsp Ginger
- 1 tsp Pepper
- ¼ tsp Moroccan Yellow Colorant
- Salt to taste
- ¼ tsp Saffron (crumbled)
- 1 tsp Smen
- 1 handful Green Olives
- 1 preserved Lemon (quartered and de-seeded)
- 1/3 cup Olive Oil
How to make Chicken with Olives:
- Take out the flesh of lemon and chop it.
- Mix well the chicken with chopped lemon, onion, garlic, cilantro, parsley, spices and smen. Keep it marinated for 2-3 hour in the fridge.
- Put lots of olive oil in a tagine and place in chicken pieces with flesh side down. Spread the onion slices on the top.
- Top up with olives and preserved lemon pieces alternately. Sprinkle over remaining olive oil.
- Pour into water and get it to boil on medium flame. Cook it covered for 80-90 min on low flame.
- Turn over the chicken pieces and heat it covered until chicken is nicely cooked.