Chilli Garlic Idlis Recipe
|Chilli Garlic Idlis Recipe|
|Cooking Time||30 Minutes|
|Rating||1.0 / 10 (1 vote)|
- 1 cup Parboiled Rice
- 1/2 cup skinless Split Black Gram (Dhuli Urad Dal)
- 2 stalks Green Garlic (finely chopped)
- 2 tsp Red Chilli Flakes
- Salt to taste
How to make Chilli Garlic Idlis:
- Soak the rice and black gram separately, at least four hours before the preparation and then drain off the water.
- In a grinder, grind rice and black gram separately to make a smooth paste.
- Take a bowl and mix the two batters together adding sufficient water to get a nice consistency. Add salt to it and leave it to ferment overnight.
- Mix the chopped green garlic to the fermented batter.
- In a steamer, pour sufficient water and bring it to boil.
- Take the idli moulds and grease them lightly.
- Scoop the batter into the moulds and top it with chopped green garlic and red chilli flakes and put it in the steamer.
- Steam the idlis for twelve to fifteen minutes.
- Serve hot with chutney.