Chocolate Banana Pie Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.multiplydelicious.com/thefood/2011/06/chocolate-banana-pie-with-coconut-pecan-crust/
|Chocolate Banana Pie Recipe|
||18 Minutes |
||8 Minutes |
- 1 (9-inch) Chocolate Cookie Crust
- 2 oz unsweetened Baking Chocolate
- 2½ cups Milk
- 1 cup Sugar
- 5 tbsp Cornstarch
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 3 ripe Bananas (sliced)
How to make Chocolate Banana Pie:
- Simmer 1½ cups milk and chocolate in a saucepan on low heat, stirring constantly.
- Combine sugar, cornstarch, and salt with the remaining milk.
- Add to the chocolate mixture, stirring continuously. Simmer for another 5 minutes, stirring.
- Remove from heat. Add butter and vanilla. Pour into a bowl and cool.
- Pour small amounts of this mixture over the cookie crust.
- Arrange a layer of banana slices over it and add the remaining chocolate mixture over it.
- Chill and serve.