Chocolate Chiffon Cake Recipe
|Chocolate Chiffon Cake Recipe|
||7.6 / 10 (8 votes)|
||Non Veg. |
- 1/2 Cup baking cocoa
- 2 Squares chocolate, unsweetened and melted
- 1-3/4 Cups cake flour
- 1-3/4 Cups sugar
- 1/3 Cup butter or margarine
- 1 tbsp Chopped nuts
- 7 Eggs, separated
- 1/2 Cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 Cup boiling water
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/4 tsp Cream of tartar
- 2 Cps confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 tsp Salt
- 3 tbsp Hot water
How to make Chocolate Chiffon Cake:
- In a medium bowl, add cocoa and water until smooth; and allow it to cool for twenty minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, combine sugar, baking soda, flour and salt. Add vanilla, egg yolks, oil and cocoa mixture; beat until smooth and blends well.
- In a different mixing bowl, beat egg whites and 1/4 cream of tartar; now fold into egg yolk mixture.
- Pour into a tube pan and bake at 325 degrees F for an hour. Remove cake from the pan.
- For the purpose of icing, in a medium saucepan melt butter. After removing from the heat; stir in chocolate, sugar and vanilla.
- Make it sure to stir in enough water until desired consistency comes; drizzle over cake. Sprinkle with nuts.