Chocolate Tart Recipe
|Chocolate Tart Recipe|
||10.0 / 10 (1 vote)|
||Non Veg. |
- 1 Sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed but still cold.
- 8 Ounces semisweet chocolate, cut in small dice
- 1 Cup heavy cream
- 2 Large egg yolks
- 1 Cup heavy cream, whipped to soft peaks
- 1 Cup raspberries
How to make Chocolate Tart:
- Adjust oven rack to lower-middle position and heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Unfold pastry on a lightly floured work surface and roll it into a 12-inch square.
- Fit into a 9 inch round tart pan, making sure the pastry is not stretched.
- Trim excess pastry from pan by pressing round the perimeter with the tip of your thumb.
- Prick pastry all over with a fork.
- Spray the bottom side of a 9-inch Pyrex-type pie plate with vegetable cooking spray, then place it in the tart pan
- Bake until crisp and golden brown, 20 to 22 minutes. Remove pie plate and let tart shell cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, microwave cream and chocolate in a 1-quart Pyrex-type measuring cup on high power until cream is hot enough to melt chocolate.
- Whisk to smoothen it. In a small bowl, whisk egg yolks. Slowly whisk a cup or so of the chocolate mixture into the yolks (this keeps them from curdling).
- Whisk this chocolate-egg mixture back into the remaining chocolate and stir until completely blended.
- Pour chocolate filling into tart shell.
- Cool until filling has set.
- Serve with whipped cream and optional raspberries.
- Chocolate Tart is ready.