Christmas Popcorn Recipe
|Christmas Popcorn Recipe|
- 5 qt. Unsalted Popcorn (freshly popped)
- 1 c. Dry-Roasted Peanuts (salted)
- 1/2 c. Dark Corn Syrup
- 2 c. Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 1 c. Butter
How to make Christmas Popcorn:
- Mix popcorn and peanuts together in a large, lightly greased roasting pan and keep the mixture aside.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan. Now stir in sugar and corn syrup.
- Bring the above mixture to boil and continue boiling over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Now remove the saucepan from heat, and stir in soda and vanilla. Pour the above mixture over popcorn mixture and stir until evenly coated.
- Bake at 250 degrees for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Remove it from oven, cool for 10 minutes, and then spread in single layer on folded large brown paper bags to cool completely.
- Store in an air-tight container to keep the popcorns fresh for 2-3 weeks.