Citrus Orange Cake Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.paulinealacreme.com/2013/12/sticky-citrus-and-almond-cake.html
|Citrus Orange Cake Recipe|
||10 Minutes |
||60 Minutes |
||Non Veg. |
- 2 medium Oranges
- 1½ cups Almonds
- 1 cup Castor Sugar
- 6 Eggs
- 2½ cups Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
To Make Lime Syrup:
- ½ cup Castor Sugar
- ¼ cup Lime Juice
- ¼ cup Water
How to make Citrus Orange Cake:
- Preheat oven to 170 °C. Butter and flour a cake pan.
- Combine oranges with lots of hot water in a pan and cook until the oranges soften.
- Remove and deseed them. Cut into small pieces.
- Blend the oranges with their rind in a blender until fine.
- Grind almonds into a fine powder.
- Beat eggs with sugar in a bowl until light and creamy.
- Add flour, baking powder, vanilla essence. Stir well.
- Gradually add orange pulp and powdered almonds.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 1 hour.
- Heat castor sugar, lime juice, and water in a pan until sugar has melted and the mixture thickens.
- Prick holes on the cake and pour lime syrup. Spread evenly, dropping to the sides.
- Chill and serve.