Classic Kedgeree Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.evoke.ie/food-2/tom-gets-treated-to-some-classic-kedgeree-easily-satisfying-the-appetites-of-two-hungry-people
|Classic Kedgeree Recipe|
||10 Minutes |
||30 Minutes |
||Non Veg. |
- 250 g long Granule Rice
- 500 g Turbot, Cod or Salmon
- 50 g Butter
- 1 tbsp Curry Powder
- A pinch of Cayenne Pepper
- 4 Eggs (hard boiled & sliced)
- 2 tbsp Parsley (chopped)
- Salt (to taste)
How to make Classic Kedgeree:
- Cook rice with an appropriate amount of salt for 10-12 minutes, or until it is well-cooked.
- Place the fish in a pan and cover it with water.
- Secure the lid and bring the water to a boil. Remove the lid and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Cut the boiled fish into pieces, removing the bones if any.
- In a pan, melt butter, add curry powder and cayenne pepper. Saute for 1 minute until lightly brown.
- Add boiled rice and fish in the pan, stirring slowly for 1 minute on low flame.
- Add hard boiled egg slices and mix well.
- Sprinkle parsley on the rice.
- Serve hot with buttered toast.