Cocoa Cookies Recipe
|Cocoa Cookies Recipe|
- 100 g Butter
- 50 g Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla or Vanillin Sugar
- 1 large Egg Yolk
- 4-5 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- Coarse Wheat Flour (see instructions below)
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
How to make Cocoa Cookies:
- Beat butter, sugar and vanilla together, until pale and fluffy.
- Add in the egg yolk and beat until smooth.
- Add enough flour to cocoa powder to make it weigh 150 grams (combined weight of flour and cocoa powder).
- Add baking powder to the flour and mix thoroughly.
- Add this to the butter mixture, through a sieve.
- Mix enough to combine the ingredients. Do not over mix.
- Wrap the dough in a plastic wrap and refrigerate to harden.
- Roll out the dough to form long cylindrical bars, about 2½ cm in diameter.
- Cut the bars about 5 cm in length and place them on a baking sheet.
- Dip the prongs of a fork in cold water and flatten the dough pieces with them, to form fluted cookies.
- Bake the cookies at 180-200°C for about 8 to 15 minutes, or till they get brown around the edges.