Coconut Burfi Recipe
|Coconut Burfi Recipe|
|Rating||8.5 / 10 (53 votes)|
|Calories Per Serving||200|
- 2 cups Scraped Coconut Shreds
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1-1/2 cup Water
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 1 tbsp Ghee
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom Powder
How to make Coconut Burfi:
- Heat a pan, add the coconut shreds and fry gently over moderate heat.
- When the coconut milk moisture is somewhat lessened, remove it from heat.
- Now in a seperate vessel, boil water over moderate heat.
- When the water boils, add the sugar and keep on stirring till the sugar water boils.
- Add the milk to the boiling sugar syrup.
- When the sugar syrup reaches a thick syrupy stage, add the fried coconut shreds to it.
- Stir constantly till the coconut and sugar syrup are blended thickly and stickily together.
- Now add the ghee and cardamom seeds powder.
- Stir till the mixture looks thick, remove from the heat and pour into a ghee-smeared table or plate.
- Flatten the surface evenly with the help of an oiled flat slice.
- When cold, cut into squares or diamond shapes and serve.