Coconut Crab Curry Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.sheknows.com/food-and-recipes/articles/993357/creamy-coconut-crab-curry-recipe
|Coconut Crab Curry Recipe|
||10.0 / 10 (6 votes)|
||Non Veg. |
- 6-8 Live blue crabs or 2 Dungeness crabs or Mud crabs, about 1-1/2 lb each
- 1 Can coconut milk
- 1 Lime, juiced
- 3-1/2 tbsp Malaysian fish curry powder
- 1-1/2 tbsp Chili powder
- 2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 8-10 Curry leaves
- 2 Red onions, sliced
- 4-6 Cloves garlic
- 1 Inch fresh ginger, sliced
- 4 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 3 Cups water
- Salt to taste
How to make Coconut Crab Curry:
- Wash the Blue crabs and cut it into halves and Dungeness or Mud crabs can be cut into 4.
- Crack the shells and claws gently with a mallet.
- Grind onions, garlic and ginger to make a fine paste.
- Add vegetable oil to a hot pot and stir-fry paste for 2-3 minutes.
- Take a small bowl, combine chili powder, fish curry powder and turmeric powder, few tbsp water and mix into a thick paste.
- Add this paste to the pot, stir-fry till quite toasted and oil starts to ooze from paste.
- Now add coconut milk, curry leaves, water, and season with salt.
- When the mixture starts to boil, decrease the heat to a simmer, stirring occasionally till the sauce thickens slightly for about 15-18 minutes.
- Add lime juice and crabs, stir to coat with sauce.
- Cover and simmer till crabs turn red.
- Take out crabs from the pot and keep warm, let stand for about 15 minutes.