Coconut Curry Chicken Recipe
Photo Credit: http://freecoconutrecipes.com/chicken_curry/
|Coconut Curry Chicken Recipe|
||10 Minutes |
||20 Minutes |
||Non Veg. |
|Calories Per Serving
- 1/4 cup Whole Unsalted Cashews
- 1 pound skinless and boneless Chicken Breasts (cut into 1inch pieces)
- Salt to Taste
- 1/4 cup Oil
- 1/4 tsp Black Mustard Seeds
- 1/4 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1/4 tsp Coriander (ground)
- 1 tbsp Curry Powder
- 1 medium Onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 tsp Ginger (finely grated)
- 1 Garlic (minced)
- 1 (14 ounce) can Coconut Milk (unsweetened)
- 1/4 cup Frozen Peas
- 2 tbsp Cilantro (chopped)
How to make Coconut Curry Chicken:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spread the cashews in a pie plate and bake for 5 minutes, or until fragrant and lightly toasted. Transfer to a plate to cool.
- Lightly season the chicken with salt. In a large, deep skillet, heat 3 tablespoons of the oil until smoking.
- Add the chicken and cook over moderately high heat until golden brown, about 1 1/2 minutes per side.
- Transfer the chicken to a plate and reduce the heat to moderate.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil to the skillet and heat until smoking.
- Add the mustard seeds and cook for about 1 minute, or until they stop popping.
- Add the cumin seeds, coriander and curry powder, and cook, stirring occasionally, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the onion, ginger and garlic, and cook until the onion softens, about 10 minutes; [if the mixture seems dry, add up to 1/4 cup of water to prevent sticking].
- Stir in the coconut milk and bring to a boil [Reduce the heat to low].
- Return the chicken to the skillet and simmer until cooked through, about 5 minutes. Stir in the peas and cook for 1 minute.
- Transfer the coconut chicken curry to a bowl, sprinkle with the cilantro and cashews and serve.
Serve it hot.