Coconut Milk Shrimp Soup Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.pbhealthcenter.com/2014/12/coconut-shrimp-stew/
|Coconut Milk Shrimp Soup Recipe|
||30 Minutes |
||40 Minutes |
||10.0 / 10 (1 vote)|
||Non Veg. |
- 1 Cilantro (chopped)
- 1 Clove Garlic (crushed)
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp Coriander Seeds
- 1 tsp Ground Turmeric
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper (sliced)
- 3 Tomatoes (peeled and chopped)
- 1 (13.5 ounce) Coconut Milk
- 1/2 (8 ounce) Peas
- 2 cups Shrimp (cooked and peeled)
- 1 Vermicelli Pasta (5 ounce)
- 3 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 3 Onion (chopped)
- 5 Mushrooms (chopped)
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 11/2 tbsp Lime Juice (fresh)
- 3 Carrots (chopped)
How to make Coconut Milk Shrimp Soup:
- Heat 3 tablespoon vegetable oil over medium heat. Fry green onion and garlic for 30 to 40 seconds approximately. Add tomatoes, salt, mushrooms and lime juice; cook for 3 to 5 minutes and set aside.
- Add carrots to a pot of boiling water and cook for about 7-10 minutes; drain it and set aside.
- Fry cloves of garlic in 3 tablespoons of oil, add coriander seeds, cumin and turmeric; fry it for 2-3 minutes. Toss in the jalapeno pepper, green onions, salt, lime juice and the tomato mixture; whisk in coconut milk; simmer for 6 minutes.
- Add carrots, shrimp (cooked) and peas to the soup and stir it. Simmer for 5-6 minutes. Drown vermicelli pasta into the soup and cook for 5-7 minutes approximately, until the pasta is softened. Serve it with chopped cilantro.