Coconut Rolls Recipe
Photo Credit: https://allansbakery.com/zencart/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=31
|Coconut Rolls Recipe|
||10 Minutes |
||15 Minutes |
|Calories Per Serving
- 2 cups Sugar (granulated)
- 2 tbsp Cornstarch
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 pinch Salt
- ½ cup Golden Raisins (Dried Grapes) (chopped)
- ½ cup Nuts (Cashewnuts, Badam) (chopped)
- 2 tbsp Coconut (powered) (toasted)
- Toasted Coconut (additional) (for rolling)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Cream
How to make Coconut Rolls:
- Combine sugar and cornstarch in large, saucepan, mixing well.
- Add cream, butter and salt and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Cook to the soft ball stage.
- Remove from heat.
- Cool to room temperature. Beat with a heavy wooden spoon until creamy.
- Add raisins, nuts, coconut, and vanilla. Continue beating until mixture can be handled.
- Turn onto a flat surface dusted with powdered sugar.
- Knead until smooth and creamy.
- Shape into a roll.
- Roll in additional toasted coconut, if desired.
To serve, slice with a sharp knife into serving pieces. Store tightly wrapped.