Photo Credit: http://cookake.blogspot.in/2011/10/plain-congee-recipe.html
||8.2 / 10 (5 votes)|
- 3/4 Cup long grain rice
- Salt to taste
- 9 Cups water
How to make Congee:
- Take a big pot and bring water and rice to a boil in it.
- When the rice is boiling, reduce the heat to medium low.
- Put the lid on the pot, tilting it to allow the steam to escape.
- Cook it over medium low to low flame, till the rice has the thick, creamy texture of porridge, stirring occasionally.
- Add salt to it and garnish it with peanuts if desired.