Couscous Tfaya Recipe
Photo Credit: http://souksouk.over-blog.com/article-couscous-tfaya-oignons-et-raisins-caremelises-67317999.html
|Couscous Tfaya Recipe|
||Non Veg. |
- 910 gm Chicken
- 910 gm Onions (thinly sliced)
- 455 gm Couscous
- 2 cup Raisins
- 1½ cup Chickpeas (soaked overnight)
- 1½ tsp Ginger
- 1½ tsp Turmeric
- ½ tsp Black Pepper
- Salt to taste
- 3 tsp Cinnamon
- 4 tsp Sugar
- Olive Oil
How to make Couscous Tfaya:
- Keep the couscous immersed in water for 30 min. Then steam the couscous in the couscoussier.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the chicken with half quantity of onion on low flame for 20 min.
- Pour into remaining onion with all the spices, raisins water and cook it for 10 min.
- Mix in cinnamon with chickpeas and continue cooking. Then remove the cooked chicken from the pan and continue cooking.
- Put in more cinnamon to taste with water and simmer it further for 10 min.
- Stir in sugar and cook until it begins caramelizing.
- Put in chicken and serve it hot with couscous.