Cranberry Kuchen Recipe
|Cranberry Kuchen Recipe|
||30 Minutes |
||25 Minutes |
||10.0 / 10 (1 vote)|
||Non Veg. |
- 2 (0.25 oz) packages active dry Yeast
- ¼ cup warm Water (105 to 115 °F)
- 1 cup warm Milk (110 to 115 °F)
- ¼ cup Butter (softened)
- ¼ cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 Egg
- 3½ cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 cups Water
- 1½ cups Sugar
- 4 cups fresh/ frozen Cranberries
- 8 Eggs
- ¾ cup Evaporated Milk
- ¾ cup Sugar
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 cups Sugar
- 1 cup cold Butter
How to make Cranberry Kuchen:
- Take a large mixing bowl and combine yeast and warm water. Stir to dissolve the yeast.
- Add milk, butter, sugar, salt, egg and 2 cups of flour. Beat the mixture until smooth.
- Add the remaining flour to form soft dough. Cover the bowl and place it in a warm place. Allow it to rise until doubled for about 1 hour.
- Prepare the cranberry sauce by boiling water and sugar together in a saucepan.
- Add cranberries and reduce the heat.
- Cover the pan and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and keep aside.
- Combine eggs, evaporated milk and sugar in a bowl to make the egg mixture. Beat well.
- Divide the egg mixture into 2 portions.
- Divide one portion of egg mixture between 2 greased 13x9x2 inch baking pans. Keep the remaining egg mixture aside.
- Punch the dough and divide it into half.
- Place each portion in the egg mixture and turn to coat.
- Spoon the cranberry sauce over the dough.
- Drizzle the reserved egg mixture over the dough.
- For the topping, mix flour and sugar in a bowl.
- Add butter and mix till the mixture forms crumbles.
- Sprinkle the topping over the dough.
- Bake the dough at 350 °F (175 °C) for 25 to 30 minutes till they turn lightly brown.
- Remove and cool on wire racks.
- Slice and serve warm.