Cream Of Asparagus Soup Recipe
|Cream Of Asparagus Soup Recipe|
||10 Minutes |
||40 Minutes |
|Calories Per Serving
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh Asparagus
- 1-1/2 cups Onion (chopped)
- 6 tbsp Butter
- 1 pinch Salt
- 6 tbsp All-purpose Flour
- 2 cups Water
- 4 cups hot Milk
- 1 tsp dried Dill Weed
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp White Pepper (ground)
- 2 tbsp Tamari
How to make Cream Of Asparagus Soup:
- Chop off the asparagus bottom and tips. Coarsely cut the stalks.
- In a skillet, cook the asparagus and onions in butter, with a pinch of salt, for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle flour and stir on very low heat, for another 8 minutes.
- While stirring continuously, add the water and cook for 10 minutes, until thick.
- Set it to cool and then puree it in a blender, adding milk bit by bit. Blend until smooth.
- Now, pour the puree into a pan and add dill, salt, pepper and tamari.
- Heat the mixture slowly, without boiling.
- Cook the asparagus tips for two minutes, until tender and after draining, add it to the soup.
- Serve hot.