Cream of Broccoli Mushroom Soup Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.gentileproduce.com/recipe/best-cream-of-broccoli-soup
|Cream of Broccoli Mushroom Soup Recipe|
||Non Veg. |
- 1 bunch Broccoli (coarsely chopped)
- ½ cup Flour (or as needed)
- 1 medium Onion (chopped or diced)
- ¼ tsp Thyme
- 7 tbsp Butter (margarine)
- 1/8 tsp Allspice
- 2½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp White Pepper
- 2 cups Whole Milk (warm)
- 4 cups Warm Chicken Broth
- ½ cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Oil (for sautéing)
- ½ cup Sliced Mushrooms or Diced Green Peppers (optional)
How to make Cream of Broccoli Mushroom Soup:
- Place a large pot on fire and melt butter in it.
- Add in broccoli, onion and thyme. Sauté till broccoli turns tender.
- Add flour and cook on low heat for about 7 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add allspice, salt, white pepper and chicken broth. Cook on medium-high heat and stir continuously with a wooden spoon.
- Remove from heat and puree the soup in a blender.
- Add warm milk.
- Place a saucepan on fire and sauté mushrooms in a little oil.
- Garnish the soup with sautéed mushrooms, diced green peppers and cheddar cheese.
- Serve hot.