Cream of Mushroom Soup Recipe
|Cream of Mushroom Soup Recipe|
||8 Minutes |
||15 Minutes |
- 5 cups Mushrooms (sliced)
- 1½ cups Vegetable Broth
- ½ cup chopped Onion
- 1/8 tsp dried Thyme
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 3 tbsp All-Purpose Flour
- Salt and ground Black Pepper (to taste)
- 1 cup Cream (Half & Half)
- 1 tbsp Sherry
How to make Cream of Mushroom Soup:
- Cook mushrooms in vegetable broth, onions, and thyme, until tender.
- Puree the mixture in food processor, leaving some chunks of vegetables in it. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a pan over medium-low heat. Stir in flour, until smooth.
- Add salt, black pepper, cream, and vegetable puree.
- Increase the heat and bring the soup to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Simmer until thickened.
- Add sherry and remove from heat.
- Ladle into bowls and serve hot.