Creamy Prawn Curry Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.meatandfourveg.co.uk/creamy-prawn-and-coconut-milk-curry/
|Creamy Prawn Curry Recipe|
||8.8 / 10 (13 votes)|
||Non Veg. |
- 500 gms Prawns (cleaned and headless)
- 1 Inch piece Cinnamon
- 4 Cloves
- 4 Cardamoms
- 1 cup Onion paste
- 1 tsp Ginger paste
- 1 tsp Red Chilli powder
- 2 Bay leaves
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 2 cups Coconut milk
- 2 tbsp Ghee or clarified butter
- Salt to taste
How to make Creamy Prawn Curry:
- Smear the prawns with salt and wash well. Then apply some turmeric powder and keep aside for 5 minutes.
- Heat half the ghee (clarified butter) in a pan and heat the prawns for a moment.
- Take out the prawns from the pan and keep aside.
- Now, add the cloves, cinnamon, bay leaves, and green cardamoms. Heat briefly.
- Mix the onion paste and stir
- Fry on low heat for about a minutes or till the paste is browned.
- Add the red chilli paste / powder and ginger paste. Fry briefly on medium heat till the oil evaporates.
- Add the prawns and coconut milk. And then add salt as required. Apply heat for about 2 minutes.
- Add the remaining ghee (clarified butter) and cover tight for a little while.