Crema Catalana Recipe
Photo Credit: http://therealtapas.co.uk/crema-catalana-recipe-popular-spanish-dessert/
|Crema Catalana Recipe|
||Non Veg. |
- 2 cups Milk
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 1 Lemon (rind)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 4 medium Egg Yolks
- 1 tsp Cornstarch
- 1 cup (7 oz) Superfine Sugar
How to make Crema Catalana:
- Boil milk, cinnamon stick, lemon rind, and vanilla extract in a saucepan.
- Simmer for several minutes, before discarding the cinnamon stick and lemon rind. Set aside.
- Whisk egg yolks with cornstarch and 3/4 cup of the sugar in a bowl, until creamy.
- Pour the egg mixture into a saucepan and add flavored milk. Place on flame and stir continuously.
- Thicken the mixture, but don't boil.
- Pour into four shallow, heatproof serving dishes. Allow it to cool and refrigerate for 5-6 hours.
- Before serving, preheat the broiler and scatter the remaining sugar over each serving.
- Place the serving dishes under the broiler and caramelize the sugar topping.
- Remove from broiler and serve.