Creole Gumbo Recipe
|Creole Gumbo Recipe|
||15 Minutes |
||40 Minutes |
||Non Veg. |
- 3 tbsp Butter
- ½ cup Onion (chopped)
- 1 can (16 oz) Tomatoes (undrained)
- ½ cup Green Bell Peppers (chopped)
- 2 Bay Leaves
- ¼ tsp Tabasco Sauce
- ½ tsp Salt
- 8 oz Crab Meat
- 3 tbsp Flour
- 2 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 cup Okra (sliced)
- 1 tsp Thyme
- 1½ cups Water
- 1 pound Shrimp (cleaned & cooked)
- 1 tbsp File Powder
How to make Creole Gumbo:
- Heat the butter in a saucepan and stir-fry the flour on medium-low heat for 2 minutes, or unitl brown.
- Stir in the onion and garlic and fry until just tender.
- Add tomatoes, oregano, green pepper, okra, bay leaves, thyme and tabasco sauce. Fry for another 4-5 minutes.
- Pour in water and sprinkle with salt. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and cover. Cook for 20 minutes.
- Discard the bay leaves and toss in shrimp and crab meat. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes on low.
- Remove from the heat. Take around 1 small bowl of this preparation and mix with file powder. Add back to the saucepan. Mix well.
- Serve hot with steamed rice.