Crispy Catfish Green Mango Salad Recipe
|Crispy Catfish Green Mango Salad Recipe|
||10 Minutes |
||20 Minutes |
||Non Veg. |
- 1/3 cup Vegetable Oil
- 3-5 minced Thai Chili Pepper
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 2 thinly sliced Shallots
- 1 Lime
- 1/3 cup Green Mango
- 2 tbsp Fish Sauce
- 1/2 lb Catfish
- 1/4 cup Cashew (Optional)
How to make Crispy Catfish Green Mango Salad:
- Instead of the traditional method, you bake the catfish first and then drain the juices and then fry the whole filet on medium low heat. As you are frying the filet, break it up with your spatula into very small pieces.
- It takes a few minutes to brown all the pieces to be very crispy. Drain the cooked fish on paper towel.
- Mince the chili pepper. Mix the minced chili pepper, sugar, fish sauce and lime juice together.
- Slice the shallot thinly.
- Peel and grate mango with a large hole grater. In Thailand, as in the pictures, people sliver the mango by first chopping along the length of the mango many many times so that the blade goes just a little below the surface and then cutting the thin pieces away.
- If your cashews are uncooked, toast them in a pan until golden brown.
- Mix all ingredients together and serve.