Cuban Beef Stew Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.scotianharvest.com/2012/02/22/cuban-style-beef-stew/
|Cuban Beef Stew Recipe|
||10 Minutes |
||120 Minutes |
||Non Veg. |
|Calories Per Serving
- 1-1/2 pounds cubed Sirloin Tips
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 chopped Red Bell Pepper
- 1 chopped Onion
- 4 cloves minced Garlic
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1 (8 ounce) can Tomato Sauce
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1/2 cup Dry Sherry
- 2 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/4 cup pimento-stuffed Green Olives
- 4 peeled and quartered Potatoes,
- Salt and Pepper to taste
How to make Cuban Beef Stew:
- In a large pan used for sautéing, heat oil over medium heat.
- Cook onion and garlic in oil, stirring frequently, until the raw smell leaves and they turn transparent.
- Add in cubed meat, and cook until browned, stirring from time to time.
- Stir in red bell pepper, bay leaf, cumin, and oregano; cook for a good five minutes.
- Add in sherry, tomato sauce, vinegar, olives, raisins, and capers and stir thoroughly. Pour in enough water to just cover meat.
- Bring it all to a boil, reduce heat to low, and cover. Simmer until the meat turns tender, which would take about ninety minutes. If the stew turns too thick, add more water.
- Stir potatoes into the stew. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook, covered, until potatoes are almost tender. Uncover, and cook until done.