Photo Credit: http://www.mojegotowanie.pl/przepisy/obiady/czarnina_wielkopolska
||Non Veg. |
- 1 whole wild Duck
- 4 cups Duck Blood
- Salt (to taste)
- Black Pepper (to taste)
- 1 stalk Celery
- 1 Parsley stem (chopped)
- 1 cup heavy Cream
- 5 whole Allspice Berries
- 2 Cloves
- 480 g pitted Prunes
- ½ cup Raisins
- 1 Tart Apple (peeled, cored & chopped)
- 2 tbsp Flour
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
How to make Czarnina:
- Place the whole duck in a pot. Add salt and water. Cook until boiling.
- Mix celery, parsley, allspice, and cloves in a cloth and tie it tightly. Lower in the pot and cook the mixture covered for 1½ hours on low flame.
- Remove the cloth bag and duck. Separate the bones and cut the meat into pieces. Put it back to the soup.
- Stir in prunes, raisins, apple and cook for 30 minutes.
- Whip sugar and cream with flour in a bowl until smooth.
- Gradually add duck blood to it and mix well. Pour ½ cup soup into it and blend nicely.
- Add the blood mixture to the pot and stir until boiling.
- Flavor it with lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Serve hot.