Dahi Bhalla Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.tasty-indian-recipes.com/raita-recipes/dahi-vada-recipe/
|Dahi Bhalla Recipe|
||15 Minutes |
||20 Minutes |
||10.0 / 10 (8 votes)|
- 1 1/2 cups Split Black Gram (dhuli Urad Dal)
- 2 tbsp Fresh Coriander Leaves (chopped)
- 1 inch piece Ginger (cut into thin strips)
- 2 Green Chilli (chopped)
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Rock Salt (Sendha Namak)
- 15-20 Raisins
- 2 tsp Roasted Cumin Powder
- A pinch of Asafoetida
- Oil to deep fry
- 6-7 cups Yogurt
- Mint Chutney to taste
- Sweet Tamarind Chutney to taste
How to make Dahi Bhalla:
- Soak dal overnight in three cups of water and drain off the water in the next morning and grind the dal into a smooth paste.
- Add a teaspoon of salt, half a teaspoon of red chilli powder, raisins and asafetida into the dal paste and mix well.
- In a wok (kadhai), heat sufficient oil and gently scoop spoonfuls on dal paste into it and fry till golden brown. Drain the bhallas in a paper towel.
- Soak the bhallas in hot water for two minutes, take it out and squeeze out the excess water.
- In a separate bowl, mix the yogurt, salt and rock salt.
- Arrange the bhallas in a plate and pour generous amounts of yogurt over it, followed by mint chutney and sweet tamarind chutney.
- Sprinkle red chilli powder and roasted cumin powder.
- Garnish with coriander leaves, julienned ginger and chopped green chillies.