Dahi Shorba Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.mapsofindia.com/my-india/food/yakhni-shorba
|Dahi Shorba Recipe|
||10 Minutes |
||15 Minutes |
- 1 cup Yogurt
- 2 tsp Gram Flour (Besan)
- 1 medium Carrot (chopped)
- 5-6 florets Cauliflower (chopped)
- 4-6 French Beans (chopped)
- 1 medium Green Capsicum (chopped)
- 2 tbsp Green Peas
- 1-2 Green Chillies (chopped)
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 inch piece Ginger
- 1/4 tsp Sugar
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp Pure Ghee
How to make Dahi Shorba:
- In a grinder, take together the green chillies and ginger and grind to make a smooth paste.
- In a bowl, take the yogurt and add three cups of water and whisk well.
- Add besan, green chilli-ginger paste, sugar and salt to the thinned yogurt and blend well.
- In a heavy bottomed pan, heat ghee and add cumin seeds and cook till it turns light brown.
- Toss in the carrot, french beans, capsicum, cauliflower and green peas and sauté vegetables for two minutes.
- Pour in the yogurt mixture and bring to boil. Lower the flame and allow it to simmer for eight to ten minutes till it thickens.
- Check the seasoning.
- Serve hot.