Dal Fry Recipe
|Dal Fry Recipe|
|Rating||7.9 / 10 (82 votes)|
- 1 cup Toovar Dal
- 3/4 cup Onions (chopped)
- 2-1/2 cups Water
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 3 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Garlic (chopped)
- 1 tsp Ginger (chopped)
- 1 cup Tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 tsp Green Chillies (chopped)
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tsp Chilli Powder
- 1/4 cup Coriander Leaves (chopped)
- Salt to taste
How to make Dal Fry:
- Take the dal and wash it properly.
- Soak it in about 2-1/2 cups of water for half an hour.
- Pressure-cook the dal until it is done.
- Take oil in a frying pan and heat it.
- Now, add chopped garlic, ginger, onion, cumin seeds and green chillies.
- Fry the mixture on medium flame for 3 to 4 mintues. Stir the mixture periodically.
- Put chopped tomatoes, turmeric powder, chilli powder and salt and fry again on a high flame for about 3 minutes.
- Pour this mixture into cooked dal and mix thoroughly.
- Dal fry is ready.
- Serve it garnished with chopped coriander leaves.