Dal Ka Seera Recipe
Photo Credit: https://www.google.co.in/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CAUQjhxqFQoTCLWaj5uR88YCFcSVlAodYr4A5A&url=http%3A%2F%2Fblog.kfoods.com%2Fshab-e-baraat-with-traditional-halwa-recipes%2F2013%2F06%2F24%2Fchanay-ki-daal-ka-halwa%2F&ei=cNqxVbWiMcSr0gTi_IKgDg&bvm=bv.98476267,d.dGo&psig=AFQjCNFd0dYwuIV99u54EdSBKe5N56qMZQ&ust=1437805544933632
|Dal Ka Seera Recipe|
||9.8 / 10 (12 votes)|
- 500 g Moong Dal (green)
- 500 g Sugar
- 500 g Ghee
- Saffron (soaked in a little milk)
- Elaichi Powder
- 250 ml Water
- Few tbsp Milk
- Dry Fruits (for garnishing)
How to make Dal Ka Seera:
- Soak the dal for 5 to 6 hours.
- Wash the dal well and remove the skin.
- Place the dal in a food processor and grind it to a fine paste. Use water, if required.
- Place a pan on fire and add sugar and water. Bring it to a boil.
- Once the sugar is dissolved, add few tablespoons of milk.
- While the syrup is boiling, a scum will rise. Remove it with a strainer.
- Keep the syrup to boil further, till it attains a sticky consistency.
- Heat ghee in a heavy kadai and add dal.
- Stir continuously to avoid burning.
- When the dal stops sticking to the vessel, stir till it turns golden brown and the ghee separates.
- Add in the sugar syrup, elaichi powder and dissolved saffron.
- Stir continuously, till the water is absorbed.
- Remove from heat and garnish with dry fruits.