Dal Palak Recipe
|Dal Palak Recipe|
||8.8 / 10 (21 votes)|
- ¼ cup Masoor dal
- 2 bunches of Spinach (palak)
- 2 Tomatoes (cut into small pieces)
- 2 Onions (chopped)
- 1½ tsp Ginger-Chili Paste
- 1 tbsp Mustard Oil
- Salt (to taste)
- ½ tsp Cumin Seeds
How to make Dal Palak:
- Chop the palak into fine pieces and cook with sufficient quantity of water.
- Wash dal and cook it with turmeric powder in a pressure cooker.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and add few cumin seeds.
- Allow spluttering, add onions and fry till they become golden brown.
- Add ginger-chili paste to it and again fry for a minute.
- Mix tomatoes and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- When tomatoes are cooked, add palak and cooked dal. Now add a little water and salt. Boil the mixture for a few minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Dal Palak is ready.
Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve.