Dal Puri Recipe
|Dal Puri Recipe|
|Preparation Time||15 Minutes|
|Cooking Time||30 Minutes|
|Rating||5.5 / 10 (2 votes)|
- 2 cups Bengal Gram (Chana Dal)
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- 4 cups Flour
- Ghee or Oil (for frying)
- Salt (to taste)
- 2 tsp roasted Cumin Powder
How to make Dal Puri:
- Boil dal along with turmeric and salt, until tender. Drain and grind into a thick paste.
- Add cumin powder and mix.
- Combine flour with water to knead smooth and tight dough.
- Divide into small balls and make a deep hole in each ball.
- Fill a spoon of dal in each ball and seal tightly.
- Roll-out the balls into circles.
- Heat oil or ghee in a deep frying pan and fry 2-3 puris at a time, until golden brown on both sides, on medium-high heat.
- Serve hot with any curry or chutney.