Dal Shorba Recipe
Photo Credit: http://bakelist.com/2011/09/05/spicy-spicy-spicy-spicy/
|Dal Shorba Recipe|
||7.0 / 10 (1 vote)|
- 1 cup Masoor Dal
- 3 Onions (sliced)
- 4 cloves crushed Garlic
- ½ tsp Chili Powder (optional)
- 3 tsp Curry Powder
- 3 Tomatoes (cut into big pieces)
- 6 tbsp chopped Spinach Leaves
- 1 tbsp Oil
- Salt and Lime Juice (to taste)
How to make Dal Shorba:
- Heat oil in a saucepan and sauté onions.
- Stir in garlic, chili powder, and curry powder. Fry for a while.
- Wash masoor dal under running water thoroughly.
- Pour 6 cups water along with tomatoes and masoor dal. Pressure cook the mixture.
- Remove from the cooker and blend in a food processor.
- Return back to the saucepan and cook for 15 minutes.
- Flavor with salt.
- Add spinach and boil for few seconds.
- Drizzle lemon juice and serve.