Dal Vada Recipe
|Dal Vada Recipe|
|Preparation Time||15 Minutes|
|Cooking Time||30 Minutes|
|Rating||9.5 / 10 (2 votes)|
- ½ big Onion (chopped finely)
- 1 cup Chana Dal (soaked in water for 3-4 hrs)
- 3-4 Curry Leaves (chopped finely)
- 2 Green Chilies (low spiced)
- Oil for deep frying
- Salt as per taste
- ½ tbsp Grated Coconut (fresh/frozen)
- Pinch of Asafetida (Hing)
- ½ tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1 tbsp Rice Flour
How to make Dal Vada:
- Pulse the green chilies in a blender till they are coarsely grounded.
- Drain out water from the soaked dal and pulse it a couple of times. The dal should not become a paste it should be just coarsely ground.
- Mix all ingredients except oil.
- Take a heavy bottomed pan and heat oil in it. Alongside take small dumplings out of dal mixture and flatten them in between your palms.
- Drop these dumplings or Vada into the oil and depp fry them. Make sure the heat is between low-medium, because if the heat is high the outer portion cooks faster than the inner one giving you a semi-cooked or burnet Vada.
- Once done remove the Vada from oil and drain it on a paper towel.
- Serve it hot with coconut chutney.