Danish Apple Pizza Recipe
|Danish Apple Pizza Recipe|
||25 Minutes |
||40 Minutes |
- 2½ cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Shortening
- ½ cup Milk
- 1 Egg (separated)
- 1 cup Cornflakes (crushed)
- 6 medium Tart Apples (peeled and thinly sliced)
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1½ tsp Cinnamon (ground)
- Additional Sugar (as required)
- ½ cup Confectioners' Sugar
- ¼ tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tsp Hot Water
How to make Danish Apple Pizza:
- Mix together flour and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Add in shortening and mix till you get coarse crumbs.
- Combine milk and egg yolk in a separate bowl. Mix well.
- Add the milk mixture to the crumbs gradually. Mix to forma soft dough.
- Cover the dough and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Flour a flat surface lightly.
- Roll half of the dough to fit a 13-inch pizza pan.
- Sprinkle cornflakes over the dough.
- Spread the apples.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon together. Sprinkle over the apples.
- Roll out the other half dough to fit the top of the pie.
- Place the dough over the apples.
- Make slits on the top.
- Seal the pastry and flute the edges, if you desire.
- Brush the pastry with egg white.
- Sprinkle additional sugar, if required.
- Bake the pie at 350 °F (175 °C) for 40 to 45 minutes till it turns golden brown.
- To prepare the glaze, mix confectioners' sugar, vanilla extract and hot water to form the desired consistency.
- Drizzle the glaze over the baked pizza.