Danish Pastry Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/450611/FARAGE-ON-FRIDAY-Cinnamon-challenge-and-Danish-pastries-under-threat-from-new-EU-rules
|Danish Pastry Recipe|
||40 Minutes |
||30 Minutes |
||Non Veg. |
- 4-6 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 oz Yeast
- 3 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 3 large Eggs
- 1 tsp Orange Zest (grated)
- ¼ tsp Cardamom Seeds (ground)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1¼ cups Milk
- 2 cups Butter
How to make Danish Pastry:
- Dissolve yeast in ½ cup warm water and combine with sugar and salt to make syrup.
- Beat eggs and mix with grated orange rind, cardamom seeds, and vanilla.
- Combine 4 cups flour with egg-mixture and yeast mixture, rubbing between your palms.
- Add 1 cup milk and ¼ cup butter to knead smooth and medium-soft dough.
- Sprinkle some flour and keep in the fridge for half an hour.
- Cool rest of the butter to make it stiff and form a shape of square measuring 1/3 inch thick. Coat it with enough flour.
- Cut into two parts and keep in the fridge.
- Remove the dough and roll out it in a rectangular shape having 1/3 inch thickness.
- Roughly divide the dough in three parts without cutting them.
- Place a piece of butter in the center and fold the one end.
- Place the remaining butter on the top and fold the second end over it.
- Press edges together.
- Roll out again in the previous size in a way to spread the butter evenly.
- Fold both ends of dough to meet in center and fold again to make 4 layers.
- Sprinkle with flour, place on a cookie sheet and cover with aluminum foil.
- Refrigerate for 25 minutes. Repeat the procedure 3 more times.
- Finally, chill for 3 hours and bake for 12-15 minutes in moderate oven.