Danish Potato Soup Recipe
|Danish Potato Soup Recipe|
||25 Minutes |
||100 Minutes |
||Non Veg. |
- 1 Ham Bone
- Water (as required)
- 2 Potatoes (peeled and diced)
- 6 Green Onions (sliced)
- 3 stalks Celery (chopped)
- ¼ cup fresh Parsley (minced)
- 2 cups Cabbage (chopped)
- 2 Carrots (diced)
- 3 tbsp All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Light Cream
- Nutmeg (ground, for garnishing)
How to make Danish Potato Soup:
- Combine ham bone and 2 quarts of water in a soup kettle. Boil the liquid.
- Reduce the flame and simmer for 1 hour till the meat pulls away from the bone.
- Remove the ham bone and cool it.
- Trim any meat left and dice it.
- Discard the bone and return back the ham to the kettle.
- Add potatoes, green onions, parsley, cabbage and carrots. Stir and cook for 40 minutes.
- Mix flour with ¼ cup cold water.
- Pour the flour water to the soup, stirring constantly.
- Boil the soup and cook for further 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat and add in light cream. Stir.
- Remove the soup from heat and ladle into soup bowls.
- Garnish each bowl with nutmeg and serve immediately.