Dansk Aebleskiver Recipe
|Dansk Aebleskiver Recipe|
||10 Minutes |
||45 Minutes |
||Non Veg. |
|Calories Per Serving
- 8 Eggs
- 1 quart Buttermilk
- ¼ cup Butter (melted)
- 4 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp White Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1½ tbsp Cardamom (ground)
- 2 cups Vegetable Shortening (melted)
How to make Dansk Aebleskiver:
- Preheat an electric aebleskiver pan as per the manufacturer's instructions.
- Take a large bowl and combine eggs, buttermilk and butter. Beat until smooth.
- Add flour, salt, white sugar, baking soda and cardamom. Mix to evenly blend the ingredients.
- Pour 1 tbsp of vegetable shortening into each cup of the preheated aebleskiver pan.
- Allow the oil to heat.
- Pour the batter until ¾ full.
- Let the batter cook for 3 to 4 minutes till it turns golden brown.
- Lift one edge of the doughnut using a long skewer or knitting needle and give it a ¼ turn.
- Continue lifting and turning till the better is fully cooked into a golden brown ball.
- Remove and drain on paper towels.