Date And Walnut Pudding Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/life/food/christmasfood/article3631464.ece
|Date And Walnut Pudding Recipe|
||45 Minutes |
||120 Minutes |
||Non Veg. |
- 175 g Raising Flour
- Salt (to taste)
- 75 g Suet (shredded)
- 50 g fine Sugar
- 150 ml Milk
- 100 g Dates & Walnuts (chopped)
- 1 Lemon
How to make Date And Walnut Pudding:
- Mix flour, salt, suet, dates, walnuts, lemon rind, and sugar together in a large mixing bowl.
- Make a well in the center of the mixture and pour milk. Mix well till you get a mixture of dropping consistency.
- Grease a pan with butter and pour in the mixture. Smooth out the mixture evenly with a spoon or spatula.
- Cover the pan with greaseproof paper and secure it with string or thread.
- Steam it in boiling water for 1½-2 hrs until soft, checking the pudding frequently.
- Serve hot with custard.