Date Cake Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.brooklynsupper.net/2011/11/date-cake/
|Date Cake Recipe|
||10 Minutes |
||45 Minutes |
||Non Veg. |
- 225 g Lion Dates
- ½ tsp Soda Bicarbonate
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- 170 g plain Flour
- 230 g Butter
- 230 g powdered Sugar
- 50 g Walnuts (chopped)
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
How to make Date Cake:
- Soak dates in 5 tbsp water, along with soda bicarbonate, overnight.
- Sift flour and baking powder in a large bowl.
- Beat butter with sugar in a separate bowl until soft and rich.
- Adds eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Stir in vanilla essence, dates, and walnuts.
- Add the mixture into flour and mix well.
- Butter and flour a large ring mould.
- Pour the batter into the mould.
- Set the oven to 200 °C and bake for 15 minutes.
- Reduce the temperature to 170 °C and bake for another 30 minutes.