Deep Fried Black Eyed Peas Recipe
|Deep Fried Black Eyed Peas Recipe|
||35 Minutes |
||40 Minutes |
||Non Veg. |
- 1 can Black-Eyed Peas (drained and roughly mashed)
- 2 Shallots (finely chopped)
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper (finely chopped)
- 1 cup Cooked Ham (finely chopped)
- 1 cup Cornstarch
- 4 Egg Whites
- Salt to taste
- Black Pepper (freshly ground)
- 1 can whole Cranberry Sauce
- 1 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- Vegetable Oil (for frying)
How to make Deep Fried Black Eyed Peas:
- Mix the peas, shallot, bell pepper and ham.
- Now fold in cornstarch, egg whites, salt and pepper, to taste. Keep aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine cranberry sauce, syrup and garlic powder.
- Heat until warm. Cover to keep warm. Cranberry dipping sauce is ready.
- Now heat oil in a Dutch oven or deep-fryer until it reaches 325 degrees F.
- Carefully slide 2 tsps small portions of the pea mixture into the hot oil.
- Fry till done.
- Serve hot with the sweet cranberry dipping sauce already prepared.