Deep Fried Turkey Recipe
|Deep Fried Turkey Recipe|
||Non Veg. |
- 12 Pound turkey, neck and giblets removed
- 3 Gallons peanut oil for frying, or as needed
- 1 White onion
- 1/4 Cup creole seasoning
How to make Deep Fried Turkey:
- Take a big stockpot or turkey fryer and heat oil to 400 degrees F and leave room for the turkey or the oil will spill out.
- Layer a large dish with the food-safe paper bags.
- Wash the turkey well and thoroughly pat dry with the paper towels.
- Now rub the Creole seasoning over the turkey inside and outside.
- Open the hole at the neck at least 2 inches so the oil can flow easily through the bird.
- Put the onion and turkey in drain basket.
- Turkey should be positioned in the basket neck end first.
- Gradually lower basket into the hot oil to fully cover turkey.
- Now keep the temperature of the oil at 350 degrees F and cook turkey for about 45 minutes.
- Take out the basket from the oil, and drain turkey.
- Place a meat thermometer into the thickest part of the thigh, the internal temperature should be 180 degrees F.
- Finish draining the turkey on the prepared dish.